• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Chinese or American Professional Brewing Equipment

LagerMogul

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm really trying to decide between where I should purchase my commercial brewing equipment. I'm hoping to purchase domestically from the United States, but I've also taken some heavy consideration on buying internationally, specifically China. Do you think that brewing equipment produced in the United States is superior to equipment in other countries, like China. I don't care about politics, I just want the facts.

The U.S. Brewery Equipment Seller: americanbeerequipment.com
The Chinese Brewery Equipment Seller: china-ximo.com

Greetings Lager - my opinion, or shall I say: what I try and do, is to buy American with every purchase where I'm presented with a choice.  That said, I have not studied either of the two websites you posted so I really can't comment on the quality of the equipment they sell.  What I can tell you is that history has proven that anything made in China - with exception to SOME electronics - is profoundly inferior to American made products of the same type.

So, my suggestion is for you to do research on each piece of equipment you wish to purchase and compare the specifications side by side.  Read the specs and ask questions on what you're reading if you don't understand it.

Good luck!

check out www.Ximousa.com feel free to call or email me and i can answer any question you need also my email is sales3@ximousa.com we are based out of southern california.

The site ximo-china looks legit but the link provided is broken. 

We are another brewery equipment manufacturer in China. Kindly check our website www.microbrewerysystem.com if you are interested.
If you still in the market looking for commerical brewery equipment, we can give you a quote upon your requirements.

KellerBrauer said:
What I can tell you is that history has proven that anything made in China - with exception to SOME electronics - is profoundly inferior to American made products of the same type.

The problem is that the quality varies widely by product.
For example, if you're doing an electric brewery build, stay FAR away from China PID's. Other components may be fine.
My experience with SS quick connects tell me to go American made only.
I agree with KellerBrauer. In my opinion the cost savings (if there actually are any in the long term) isn't worth the risk.

Baron Von MunchKrausen said:
KellerBrauer said:
What I can tell you is that history has proven that anything made in China - with exception to SOME electronics - is profoundly inferior to American made products of the same type.

The problem is that the quality varies widely by product.
For example, if you're doing an electric brewery build, stay FAR away from China PID's. Other components may be fine.
My experience with SS quick connects tell me to go American made only.
I agree with KellerBrauer. In my opinion the cost savings (if there actually are any in the long term) isn't worth the risk.

Australia has some good manufacturers both robobrew and grainfather are made in Australia. :)

Honestly speaking, the "made in china" goods with not too good quality some years ago, but now in china, there are truly some manufacturer and supplier in China who can do very good quality and with good reputation abroad as well. Some of the US beer equipment suppliers also get the tanks from some Chinese manufacturers. Compared buying in US, absolutely it would help to saves some cost buying from China directly. But please be careful and do more consultant before ordering and trying to find out the reliable supplier, now some forum of the commercial brewery equipment may helps. You know some people would like to share their buying experience or use feeling to the public, that should be the fair feed back and helpful for new users who wanna buy equipment from china.
Sincere comments from Laura in TIANTAI Beer Equipment Company
trade@cnbrewery.com
www.microbrewerysystem.com
www.craftbreweryequipment.com

Back