• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fly sparge volume mismatch between DT and mobile versions

IntlAgBrewer97

Apprentice
Reaction score
There appears to be a miscalculation / conversion somewhere in the BeerSmith mobile apps (both iOS for iPad and Android).
In the desktop version of my recipes, my fly sparge calculation under the mash tab says to fly sparge with "3.04 gal of water".
However, when I look at the same recipe on mobile (shared via my BeerSmith cloud account), it shows fly sparge as 10.82 qts, which is only 2.705 gal.

Generally on brewday, I upload this recipe to my cloud account and refer to it on my phone while I brew.
To confirm it wasn't a version / change issue, I looked at my desktop version this morning and confirmed it was 3.04 gals.
Then I deleted my old recipe in the cloud account and uploaded the confirmed 3.04 gal one.  Then I immediately looked in my BS Mobile device and still said 10.82 qts!!

Please try to find out why the recipe uploaded to cloud, when looked at via BS Mobile (lite) is incorrect.
also
- cloud recipe on Desktop version is still correct at 3.04 gal
- I'm using BeerSmith Mobile Lite on iPad (v 2.3.4) and latest Android version
- The mash in and mash out volumes are correct, even though fly sparge is not.

I'm having the same issue.    I expect the mash and sparge volumes to be the same between the Mobile and DT versions for the same recipe.  For me this issue resulted in a pre-boil volume that was about 1/2 gallon more than I was expecting.  Which of course mucked with my specific gravity.

Not sure if this an actual bug of this is there is just something different in my mash/equipment profiles between the Desktop and Mobile versions of BS.  Everything appears to be the same to me.  Either way I'd like to get this issue resolved since I like to use my phone as a brew timer as well.

-Pierce

Hello,

I got exactly the same issue. Is any workaround available while waiting for a final fix?

Thanks,
Romain

Back