• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash in a bag profile?

mr_javi

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having trouble finding answers that match up.  For tomorrows brew, I want to mash in a bag, drain the MT and batch sparge.  Essentially just using the bag in place of a false bottom or braided hose.  Would I use a Single infusion mash profile, or a BIAB mash/equipment profile?  Has anyone had problems using this method?

The original concept of BIAB is the mashing of the grains with the full volume of water required so that no sparging would be needed.  Once you deviate from this practice, you are using the bag as a super filter of the grains and should set up your equipment as if you are using traditional mash tun equipment.

I'd use Single Infusion Batch Sparge. The way you are doing it is no different then an all grain setup with easy clean up.

Back