• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grainfather Micropipe Work equipment profile

dave60

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to use the Grainfather's micropipe work to try a small batch of 10L. I'm using latest Grainfather profile.

I'm wondering what's the best way to scale my recipe to fit new batch size.  ???

Is that as simple as using "rescaling" function in BS or shall I take other specific parameters into account??

Many thanks for your suggestions!

dave

I was just about to ask the very same question so I hope someone replies to this

With the caveat that I do not own a Grandfather:

Your process losses should be the same as with a larger batch.  I don't know the effect on boil off rate.

Your best bet is to make a copy of the equipment profile you use presently, and label it for '10L batch'.  Change the batch size and leave everything else the same.  Scale the recipe to this new profile at 10 liters.

Brew your first batch and monitor the boil off rate [(total volume preboil - total volume post boil) / time of boil].  It may be close enough or may need tweaking but you will have a new profile to modify to reflect your micropipe settings.

Back