• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Raspberries added into primary instead of secondary

Beer_Tigger

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I have a recipe for Raspberry Porter and the notes say to add the raspberries into the secondary (which makes sense).  However, BeerSmith reports putting it into the primary when pitching the yeast.  In fact, it calculates it into the OG.  How can I mark it so that BeerSmith prints the brew sheet with the raspberries being added to the secondary? :-\

Hi,
  Its not exactly what you want, but if you open the raspberries and check the "Add after boil" it will put the berries into the fermenter on the brewsheet.

Cheers,
Brad

I moved all my Fruits into the Miscellaneous category. There you can specify how you want to use it in the use during field. The amount of time can be specified there also.

Hope this helps

Preston

I suppose I could copy the fruits to Misc and have it both ways...

Thanks for the help.

OK, now the technical part.  I can't select all fruit in the Grains list, Copy, then Paste into the Misc list.

I tried an import from a text file: Export a Misc item, change the description a bit, then try Import.  Errors out.

So, how can I do this en mass?

Even if you were able to do the import, the "type" and "use" tags don't match up so it would error out. I rebuilt them one at at time when I did it. Or just do the ones you need now.

Cheers

Preston

Correct, which is why I was editting them in an exported text file to match the Misc export format.  But it doesn't import what it exports.

Brad, any ideas here?

Hi,
  My best thought is to PM Westgate and have him post them or email them to you since he already has the data.

Brad

I tried and I got an error message that the upload folder was full.

Once this is fixed, I will upload it for you.

Cheers

Preston

Got it to work. Here is the file Hope this helps
Cheers
Preston

Attachments

• Fruit Misc.bsm
    18.7 KB · Views: 217
Back