• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Just 2 more things to iron out...

G

Garrete

First off, I was adding a mash profile but it was not coming out right until I looked at the brewsheet. There it showed my infusion and sparge. I was using a recipe of mine where the total grain bill is 10.43 lbs., it says to infuse with 7.9 quarts and then sparge with 5.79 gallons of water. Shouldn't those numbers be closer?

Second, I use a refractometer. Is there an easier way to get my OG logged besides using the refractometer tool and copying that number over?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.
What files do I need to backup?

Hi,
  The initial infusion is determined by your mash profile.  If you don't like the amount of water added, you can modify it by editing the mash profile.  By default I think it uses 1.25 qt/lb for most profiles. 

The sparge water is determined by what's needed for the boil size. 

Unfortunately we don't have a refractometer tool integrated into the recipe sheet.  It is something I'm looking at adding in the future, but I don't have it yet.

The critical files to back up are the *.BSM files that appear in the BeerSmith directory (C:\Program Files\BeerSmith).

Thanks
Brad

Is the Recipe.bsm the ONLY place the recipes are kept? I uninstalled BeerSmith. I even went into the registry, but after re-installing BeerSmith and loading it, the recipe I made were in there. How is that possible?

Hi,
  No - if you leave the ".bak" files in the directory it will load from those as well.

Brad

Back