• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is there a way to display/print quantities of ingredients used in last year?

Master

Brewer
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was ordering hop rhizomes.

I was trying to figure out what types I use most often. Is there a way to make BeerSmith display total amount of ingredients used in the last year/month/other selectable time period?

Would be looking for a report like:

Pale Malt 28lb 4oz
Maris Otter 23lb
Crystal 10L 5lb
Patent 2lb
Acid Malt 1lb

Fuggles 4lb 2oz
Citra 2lb 4oz
Warrior 8 oz

So on for Yeast, etc.

I was trying to figure out the most used hops based on my last year of brewing (it's Fuggles and Citra) to order a hop variety I use regularly..

Would also have some use on estimating if I indeed go through enough 2 row Pale and Maris Otter to be worth buying it by the sack. At per sack prices, MO costs what I'm paying per pound for plain Pale Malt.

That said, if there was an "Easy Button" to get that vs me going through recipe by recipe with an HP-48 or a spreadsheet it would be awesome.

Open and empty your shopping cart.  Now highlight the recipes that you want to include in your summary and press 'add to cart' for each.

Now, open your shopping cart, click on 'files', then 'save as cvs'.  This will save the list as a comma separated spreadsheet which you can open in any spreadsheet program such as excel.

Back