• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop Bomb Saison -- advice?

evilgiraffe

Brewer
Reaction score
I live in Korea and just got a job in the States...will be returning in a couple months. Of course, this means that I need to use as much of my on-hand ingredients as possible as I don't want to waste them (or the money I already spent). So I'm wondering how much hops is too much.

I'm planning on making a saison because I figure pretty much anything goes with that style (of course, I know this isn't entirely true). Gonna make a 5-gallon batch with 4kgs Pils malt, .5kg Wheat malt, and .5kg Caramunich2. Might add some Chocolate Rye too if I feel the urge, but this would be a very small amount and will be a game-time decision.

The hops in my freezer are as follows:

6.5oz Target (10aa)
2oz Styrian Goldings (2.8aa)
1oz EKG (5.1aa)
1oz Hallertau (3aa)

The questions.......Should I use it all? And if so, or even if not so, how would you all hop this beer using the maximum amount of hops without making it unpleasant? I am fully expecting a very hoppy saison (an IPS?) and that sounds great to me. Just need a little direction. Last beer in Korea.....want to enjoy it.

Thanks.

FWH EKG
5 min Hallertau
DH Styrians
(YBitternessMV)

Give away the Target.

Welcome home.

Back