• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shandy

D

dr.ben

I tried Miller Chill over the weekend.  Ok.  Don't everybody laugh!  I brought it to a work session where my beer brewing buddy and I were hand drilling a waterwell.  I am always bringing anything new so that we can taste it.  I was actually trying to bring the new budweiser tomato beer but I couldn't find any!

Anyway, the chill was really pretty good. Especially if you are very hot.  It is basically an English shandy but its made with lime aid instead of lemonaid. 

It was so good that it has me wanting to brew a shandy for our next well drilling operation.

It's always nice to get inspiration. I had a Dupont Saison recently that made me want to brew a fall Saison. Personaly i'm not a BMC Hater, because I like all kinds of beer.

Cheers

Preston

I could gain major Brownie Points with SWMBO, Sisters-in-law, Their friends etc. If I could make something like the Lienekugle's Summer Shandy.  I wouldn't likely start it for awhile, But I'm kinda curious.

I have read a lot of recipees where people are introducing Pop like sprite at serving time.

I even tried it with some bad bock trying to get something out of it before I valued the bottles more than the beer.

Anyway- has anyone tried making a legit one?

Back