• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

permission problems

faithie999

Apprentice
Reaction score
I did a clean install of Sierra on a new drive a few weeks ago and then manually copied the contents of the old drive to the new one.

I tried to open beersmith and get error messages.

11:29:12: File '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/style.css' couldn't be removed (error 13: Permission denied)
11:29:12: Impossible to overwrite the file '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/style.css' (error 0: Undefined error: 0)
11:29:12: can't open file '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmp_1394570265.htm' (error 13: Permission denied)
11:29:12: can't open file '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmp_905920497.htm' (error 13: Permission denied)

I have checked the permissions on the beersmith2/reports folder and it is set for "everyone" to read/write (as well me, the user, and administrators).
for the third and fourth messages--there are no bsxtmp files in that folder.  I have the finder set to show hidden files and they are not there.

thanks

ken

Simply copying a program may not fully install it.

For BeerSmith, your customized files and profiles are found in User/Documents/BeerSmith2. All you need is a fresh install of BeerSmith, then enter your key (found in the help section of your previous installation). Once the key is accepted, just copy your old User/Documents/BeerSmith2 folder to the same location (overwrite the old folder).

Back