• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dry wheat yeast recommendations

Flash11

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the the world of forums. This is my first ever post. Like a lot of new home brewers the internet has been a very handy tool. I've been doing a fair bit of research lately in regards to dry yeasts.
Over the last year or so I've used a few liquid yeasts. Only White Labs though (they're the only liquid yeast my local home brew shop stocks) I'm a big fan of wheat beers and had good results with the WLP 300 strain. But they are relatively expensive and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a dry yeast that could produce similar results to WLP 300(banana phenols). I know that temperature plays a big part but the only dry yeast I've used for wheat beers is WB06 and I really don't like the flavour it imparts at all.
I've read various reports on Mangrove Jacks M20 dry yeast,mostly good. I wonder if anyone has had success with that yeast strain? Or if there another out there anyone would recommend for flavours tending more towards the banana end of the scale?
Thanks
Paul

Back