• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Linux SRPM specfile fixes

mohicks

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,  I've used BeerSmith for a while on windows, but have always been a Linux user.  I just switched back, and am using an RPM-based distro (Fedora Core 25).  To my pleasure, I see that there is an x86_64 RPM link on the website....except it's an SRPM.  And it doesn't build.

Here are the fixes that I made to the specfile to get it building correctly.  I have no idea if the variables were present in an earlier version, but
there a bunch of references to things that weren't defined...

Please get in touch with me via e-mail if you'd like a copy of the Fedora 25 x86_64 binary RPM.  I'm happy to provide it. (or the fixed SRPM)
Thanks,
mh

[mort@kepler SPECS]$ diff -u BeerSmith.spec BeerSmith.spec.works
--- BeerSmith.spec 2017-01-24 22:05:48.000000000 -0500
+++ BeerSmith.spec.works 2017-05-03 15:24:10.750651605 -0400
@@ -1,11 +1,11 @@
Name: BeerSmith
-Version: %{version}
-Release: %(echo "%{release}" | cut -d '.' -f1)%{?dist}
+Version: 2.3.12
+Release: 1
Summary: BeerSmith 2 Home Brewing Software
Group: Applications/BeerSmith
License: GPL
URL: http://beersmith.com
-Source0: %{tarfile}
+Source0: BeerSmith-%{version}.tar.gz
Requires: webkitgtk webkitgtk-devel

@@ -13,14 +13,13 @@
Take the guesswork out of home brewing with BeerSmith 2! BeerSmith 2 has been completely redesigned from the ground up to include tabbed browsing, graphical recipe design and a host of new features. BeerSmith helps you design great beers, match popular beer styles from around the world, manage your recipes, generate step-by-step brewing instructions and perform dozens of brewing calculations with ease. Select from hundreds of preloaded ingredients to build a recipe. BeerSmith features graphical recipe design, over a dozen standalone brewing tools, a beer style guide, inventory management, calendar and integrated shopping list. BeerSmith sets the gold standard for brewing software.

%prep
-
+%setup -q

%install
-echo $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
-( cd %{srcdir} && cp -af etc usr $RPM_BUILD_ROOT )
+cp -af etc usr $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%clean
-( cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT && rm -rf etc usr )
+rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%post

Back