• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing BeerXML files in mobile qapp

Zilbeer

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a BeerXML file I received from a friend.
I only have the Beersmith mobile app (Android) and I don't have the desktop application or cloud service.

Can I import the recipe from that file?
If yes, how do I do that?
Thanks,
Ofer

Greetings Zilbeer - yes, it can be done.  However, i believe it must be done through the BS website.  Have your friend post the recipe in his BS Cloud account and "share" the recipe.  (To make the search easier, have your friend give the recipe a unique name.). Then, from your Mobile version, search the cloud for his recipe, select it and tap Copy.  It's now on your device.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!!

Greetings :)
But what if the source isn't Beersmith but a different software?
Isn't the cloud a paid service?

Greetings Zilbeer - no, generally speaking, the BS cloud is not a pay to use service.  However, I believe BS software is needed to post to the site...but I might be mistaken about that.

KellerBrauer said:
Greetings Zilbeer - no, generally speaking, the BS cloud is not a pay to use service.  However, I believe BS software is needed to post to the site...but I might be mistaken about that.

Hi! No, I doubt you're mistaken about that; in fact BS soft required to be posted.

buyessay

Back