Brewing Topics > Reviews

Polar Ware 60 qrt. Brew Kettle with Sight Gauge Review

<< < (3/5) > >>

timn8or:
I recently have had the same exact problem with my Polar Ware sight gauge.  It's very frustrating to spend that much on a product and have it fail without doing anything out of the ordinary.

KellerBrauer:
Greetings timn8or - I have waited several months for Polar Ware to offer instructions on how to use their "brew kettle" in such a way so as to not allow the temperature of their plastic sight gauge to exceed 285 degrees.  I have decided to take my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.  While the BBB is more of a business advocate than a consumer advocate, the complaint will be public record and Polar Ware will have to respond or loose their AAA rating.

I have since figured out how to shield my sight gauge from the heat and the fix is quite successful.  However, now the gauge is cracking.  These are polycarbonate tubes for crying out loud and I'm on my 4th one!!!!  Now I want Polar Ware to tell me how any why this is happening on their very expensive product!

I will post any additional information I get on this thread.

Good luck!

Ck27:

--- Quote from: KellerBrauer on September 10, 2017, 06:17:04 AM ---Greetings timn8or - I have waited several months for Polar Ware to offer instructions on how to use their "brew kettle" in such a way so as to not allow the temperature of their plastic sight gauge to exceed 285 degrees.  I have decided to take my complaint to the Better Business Bureau.  While the BBB is more of a business advocate than a consumer advocate, the complaint will be public record and Polar Ware will have to respond or loose their AAA rating.

I have since figured out how to shield my sight gauge from the heat and the fix is quite successful.  However, now the gauge is cracking.  These are polycarbonate tubes for crying out loud and I'm on my 4th one!!!!  Now I want Polar Ware to tell me how any why this is happening on their very expensive product!

I will post any additional information I get on this thread.

Good luck!

--- End quote ---

BBB ratings don't do jack squat and leaving a negative one only fixed a issue of mine one time with FEDEX missing a overnight delivery.

timn8or:
Definitely interested to hear if there's ever any resolution from Polar Ware.  It sucks that the replacement is 1) costly, and 2) includes extra parts.  It'd be great if there was a glass alternative.  In the case of my sight gauge, it has begun cracking around one of the gallon indicators, after warping slightly near the bottom.  It certainly wasn't my expectation that these things couldn't take any heat.  I've had mine for just over a year now, brewing about once a month.

KellerBrauer:

--- Quote from: Ck27 on September 10, 2017, 02:58:42 PM ---BBB ratings don't do jack squat and leaving a negative one only fixed a issue of mine one time with FEDEX missing a overnight delivery.

--- End quote ---

Greetings Ck27 - you're absolutely correct.  The BBB is an advocate for Business, not Consumers.  I have dealt with these folks before and it is my belief that a company pays for their AAA rating and in order to keep it, they must respond to any and all complaints lodged against them through the BBB.  And once the BBB determines the company has responded enough they close the case allowing the company to keep their rating.  (Polar Ware has an AAA Rating.)  Right, wrong, illegal or otherwise, the BBB is inconsequential further than what I have outlined here.  The reason why I'm filing through the BBB is to go on record with this issue.  I'm also bringing this issue public through this forum (and soon others) to make the home brewing public aware of the issue so they will be more educated when making a decision regarding a purchase of this and other Polar Ware brew kettles that include a plastic sight gauge.

Thank you, Ck27, for your feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version