• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop additions from copied recipes

grommetik

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to calculate the wt of hop additions in copied recipes using BS2?

The issue:
I download/copy a recipe into BS2.
The hops have a wt & %AA.
The hops I purchase at my LHBS never have the same %AA.
I also use leftover hops which don't even have the same %AA as the new ones I'm purchasing.
I have to open up my spreadsheet to calculate the amount of each hop addition to use to match the IBUs of each hop in the recipe.

Is there a calculator in BS2 that I'm overlooking that will do this for me?

TIA.

Greetings grommetik - yes, you can.  All you need to do is double click the hop in the recipe.  Then click Edit Details.  Then simply change the AA% to match the AA% of the hops you have on hand.  Now, click the slide bar for the ingredient, in this case IBU.  Another dialog box appears where you can easily change the IBU to match your recipe.

Also, if you purchase your hops (or any other ingredient) in volume and you want to have the particular ingredient reflect the specifications of your purchase, select Ingredients > Hops.  Find the hops you're looking for, open it and change the specifications.  Save it and it will forever be available as such.

I hope this answers your question.

Back