• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Keg sour

jyost

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I brewed a brown ale seven  months ago Keg number one was tapped and used over that period, no problem. Keg number two was tapped today and is sour. I  think maybe there was a sour yeast used in that keg previously.  does anyone have any other suggestions.

Greetings jyost - my first question is: do you believe the suspected previous yeast was a brett or something along that line of bacteria?  If so, and the beer is drinkable, either enjoy it or you can possibly blend it with a lighter beer, say a helles or something.  If it's not drinkable, then......

Personally, I hate sour beers.  So I would follow my second suggestion and chalk it off for experience.  :p

Did a red with some buddies, and one of the Einsteins popped the bung to take a sample...Turned the whole 55 gallons into nail polish remover...Always "nail" a keg to prevent outside contaminants.

Back