• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding priming sugars

Proofman

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to add more options in the "Type" of priming sugars, other than corn sugar and DME?

Hi,
  Not in the current system - I am considering adding some kind of "priming database" to a future major rewrite to allow a large variety of options.

Cheers,
Brad

I would like to add my support for this feature, as I frequently use atypical ingredients for priming, such as brown sugar, or liqueurs.  Even specifying the type of dry malt extract is important of keeping track of recipes. 

I'm only testing BeerSmith right now, and I find it to be a very useful program, but I find this a big limitation given my tendency to experiment.  I can add ingredients for anything else, it would be nice to add my own priming sugars as well, not to mention an expanded database of commonly used ingredients.

Back