• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Weiss keg pour and carbonation Problems

telemarkus

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi All;

I brewed a German Weiss and kegged it at 21PSI (3.1Units) and after 6 days she was pouring and tasting perfect. I went away to work for 12 days and came back and now when i tap it it pours a crazy amount of foam head, is much more cloudy (and I have poured off more than 3 litres.) Additionally the beer does not seem as carbonated. The CO2 tank has just touched into the Low gas zone on the regulator, but I do not think that is the issue. nothing else has changed with respect to temps in the kegerator or pressure readings on the regulator. Any thoughts on this?

All info is appreciated.

Thank you,

markus

With that kind of pressure you would need very long liquid lines.

https://byo.com/yeast/item/164-balancing-your-draft-system-advanced-brewing

Try turning your pressure down to 10 psi and bleeding off the keg every 3 or 4 hours until you get a good pour. The CO2 is coming out of solution as you pour, so nothing is left in the glass.

Hi Bob;

Thanks for the reply. It is a strange thing though., Originally it was pouring well at that pressure. Maybe it was still taking up the pressure. If I turn the CO2 down to 10PSI, won't the beer carbonation that it was set to start coming out of solution to balance the empty space in the keg? and then become less carbonated as the beer is drawn down in the keg, even though it will pour better?

Thanks again,

markus

Back