• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Coleman Extreme 70qt Mash Tun Stats

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi

A friend is allowing me to use his 70qt Coleman Extreme as my mash tun.

He had it all set up with a ball valve and a system to strain the wort. I could take it all apart to determine the tuns weight and the deadspace of the lauter tun, but thought one of you may already have that info.  Of course, I want to update my Beersmith software with the accurate info.

If you have this model, would you shae with me the coolers weight and deadspace volume?

Thanks

I think mine is a 62qt Coleman Extreme.  It is 15 pounds and I chose plastic for the material type and left the rest the same.  I have been getting pretty accurate mash temps with those settings.

Kopf

Kopf said:
I think mine is a 62qt Coleman Extreme.  It is 15 pounds and I chose plastic for the material type and left the rest the same.  I have been getting pretty accurate mash temps with those settings.

Kopf

Yes, the shipping weight I found was 15.8 pounds.  That is what I am using.  I also figured about .25 gallon for the lauter tun deadspace.

TY for your response Kopf

Back