• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

African Hops

gumball63

Apprentice
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the African Hops loaded into BS 2.3.12  I have done all the Add Ons for hops and quite a few others but I don't seem to have any African Hops coming up in app.  Buddy of mine brings up 5 varieties of AH.  Looking especially for Southern Promise.  I'm sure I am just missing a step or an add on somewhere but not sure where.  Thanks

First, get basic specifications for the hops: %AA is the real critical factor that BeerSmith uses.

Next go to 'ingredients' > 'Hops' to open up the master file of hops available.  Now click on 'add hops' from the tool bar and a blank hop form will pop up.  Enter in the name and any other information that you have, then click 'ok'.  The hop will now appear in your hop profiles for you to select.

yea thanks.  I know that now.  I was under the impression that my buddy had them in his app from one of the add on installs.  It was after I posted this that he said his "pops" added them manually.  DOH!

Thanks anyway.

Back