• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calorie calculator not updating? Beersmith 2.3 Issue?

bjkilby

New Forum Member
Reaction score
It looks like everything is calculating at 151.2 calories in the new version of Beersmith. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Am I the only one who pays attention to calories when brewing :)

No, you are not the only one who pays attention to this calculation.  I am not seeing a problem with the estimated value nor the actual value based upon the brew day data.  Which one are you looking at?  If you are looking at the actual, do you have your session data filled out with your actual results?

Greetings bjkilby - I have often used the calculator (link below) as a way of checking calories and carbohydrates.  I have found the numbers from the calculator to be very close to the numbers in BS.

Www.mrgoodbeer.com/carb-cal.shtml

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys! I found that I was looking at the "Calories" field on the main recipe screen, not the "Est Calories", so every time I changed a recipe there was no change in the "Calories". Once you confirmed that the program works for you I started looking deeper at what I was doing :)

Back