• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

So I started a Raspberry Ale Today!

Ck27

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I wanted to talk briefly about the brew I just did today, So I grabbed a Czech Pilsner extract  a package of  Mr beers BrewMAX LME Softpack-Robust and grabbed 1 oz of hersbrucker hops. I made up my wort putting the hops pellets in in the last 15 minutes of the boil and then proceeded to cool it down, I filled my fermentor with id say maybe half a gallon of cold Crystal Geyser water, and then placed the Wort in and filled it with an additional bit to fit the 2 gallon line. to purI then proceeded ee a can of Oregon Raspberries in Syrup, the ones that have been sterilized ahead of time for brewing. I used sterilization cleaner in my blender as well and let it sit for a few minutes inside to get it nice and clean and pureed the raspberries and put the puree into my fermentor and finally tossed in half a packet of T-58 Ale Yeast, which I used half because I used the other half in another batch today. And because it would have been far too much yeast for a single batch. I have to say that it really started rocking and rolling 8 hours after I set it in a dark place it stated to develop a very thick foam on the top and is really bubbling. That yeast is FAST! I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

My house is usually between 63-70 degrees  Fahrenheit which is right smack dab in the middle of the recommended temps for the yeast I'm using.

Will take some pictures of what the final product comes out like.

Forgot to mention that I boiled the wort with well water from my well which is great water and I mean its boiled so its sterile mostly from that. I topped it off with bottled water in the fermentor because its sterile and clean and I didn't want to take a chance.

Back