• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop Extracts

kbrannum

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have taken an interest into hop extracts lately, and was wondering if anyone has used these and what types.

I have done a little research and found that the most advanced hop extracts are really only available to commercial brewers, but managed to get a few samples off of one of the commercial suppliers (info attached). According to the manufacturer, these are only the tip of the iceberg for what they offer, but the amount required to dose a 5 gallon batch is so minimal that it is not cost effective for them to produce a volume that suits home brewers.

The product samples I have gotten are really cool. One increases the head retention to 3-5 minutes, one adds bitterness without aroma, one aroma without bitterness, etc. You also don't loose beer due to hop absorption with these, but I don't think that is much of a concern with small batches.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience to share with these types of products?

* I have no affiliation with the company that gave me these samples and this is not a sales pitch. Just looking for some feedback

Attachments

• Kalsec Hop Bitter Extracts Explained.pdf
    239.1 KB · Views: 2
Back