• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Vacation

Wastegate

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Just got back from a nice vacation up in Seattle and Victoria BC. What nice weather 70deg F during the day.

We did not get to go to all the brewpubs we (or I) wanted to. But here are the highlights
First brewery we went to was "The Beer Shrine". This was a little place out in the middle of no where. We were headed up to Mt Baker on highway542 and on the side of the road were HOPS vines. You know I had to stop in. We spent some time there and got a tour of the brewery. If you have never been there, You should! I had the following tasters (because I was driving) ESB, Porter, Hefe, IPA, and Brown Ale. SWIMBO loved the Porter (Looks like I will be making lots of porters in an attempt to clone this one)

Second brewery we went to was " Boundary Bay in Bellingham" We met Stpoynter and his SWIMBO there.
I had tasters of everything. My wife said it looked like I had a drinking problem with all the glasses there on the table. I finally picked their special Scotch. WOW that was good!

After that we headed up to Canada "A" and stayed on Vancouver Island, I only drank local craft beers, nothing really stood out there so I started asking other patrons to recommend some local beers. I was finally getting somewhere then. Had some nice beers from Vancouver Island Brewery, and Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub.

The third brewery was the Rockfish Grill in Anacortes. I met the brew master there and got a tour of the brewery. I had a very good Maibock and the wife had their Honey Cream Ale to go with our Fish and Chips.

Then On to Seattle where we met up with Brewtopia at Collins Pub.

We did not have a lot of time in Seattle and beeing that it was SWIMBO's Birthday, We did what she wanted, walked around, shopping, we ate at some nice pubs and restaurants, but I stayed true to only ordering local Craft beer.

It turned out to be a very fun trip and I will be going back to try and make some more brewery tour's.

IMHO we need to go see family more often!

Cheers

Preston

Back