• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Restoring from Archive folder -How to Bulk Import Recipes?

VisionQuest

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,  I recently upgraded to a new computer and failed to correctly backup my recipes.bxsm file.  (The main one in my program files folder was somehow not the one that contained all my actual recipes.)  But not all is lost.  In the archive folder there seems to be every recipe and maybe multiple saves of each recipe as well.  The only issue is I don't know how to bulk import and there are 555 files in this folder.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately there is no bulk import.  There was an archive index in the main Documents/BeerSmith2 directory but likely if you did not save the Recipe.bsmx file you don't have the index either.

The only way to recover from the archive without the index is to open them one at a time (probably newest to oldest) and then when you find the version you want you can copy/paste it back into My Recipes.

Brad

Back