• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Odd error message from one of my company's many security programs

C

catlantis

Hi, I just downloaded beersmith and it looks pretty cool.

However, when I went to print preview and then to change print size, I got a warning that the program was trying to set a key logger when I clicked that control.

I chose to deny the reported keylogging, and then the preview sized correctly.

Anyone know what is going on here?  Does the print preview need to log key strokes? Or is the message from the spyware software bogus  ???

I did download the install right from the main beersmith site.

Anyway, any enlightenment on this would be appriciated. I really like this program; but that kind of alert is a bit scary.

Chris

Hi,
  I actually have a pretty simple answer for this one - BeerSmith uses Internet Explorer as a plug-in for print preview, the preview window and printing.  Most likely your key logger is installed in internet explorer somehow.  Run Internet Explorer print preview and see if the message comes up.

I would certainly recommend you do a full scan to remove it from your system as well.

VR
Brad

Thanks Brad,

I thought you were probably hooking onto something else for that :)

Thanks for the info. Computer scanning constantly ;)

BTW, first batch with your prog was almost spot on, I came a little short on the final volume, but then saw I had selected the wrong size boiler.. trying it again today with the correct equip setting. (It did increase the sparge amt.. is there somewhere else other than the print off the sparge volume is listed...Still learning how to use the program. Great work, I think this is much better than promash!)

Chris

Back