• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

RoboBrew Reviews

Beer Lover

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences, reviews and or thoughts on a RoboBrew system?  Its is a 110 volt system.  Watched videos on brew days with the system.  I was concerned with the boil on a 110 volt system.  Looking at the videos the boil is very good(vigorous).  I heard some homebrewers have issues with the boil with the GrainFather 110 volt systems.

Cheers!!!!!!!

Beer Lover said:
Does anyone have any experiences, reviews and or thoughts on a RoboBrew system?  Its is a 110 volt system.  Watched videos on brew days with the system.  I was concerned with the boil on a 110 volt system.  Looking at the videos the boil is very good(vigorous).  I heard some homebrewers have issues with the boil with the GrainFather 110 volt systems.

Cheers!!!!!!!

Hi,
I am one of the resident owners of a 110 Volt Robobrew, system, I had 7 gallons of wort in mine the other day and it reached a boil in 35 minutes which is not bad given the amount of liquid that was in it. Its a durable and well constructed system, and I really like the bottom plate that keeps stuff from getting sucked up into the pump, its really effective, and the Robobrew heating elements work well, they turn themselves off when not needed even if set to on, which will be great for the life of the system but they can be replaced under warranty by keg king the manufacturer.

Grainfathers are overrated and overpriced all you get is a mediocre recipe system and Bluetooth which why the hell do you need either for brewing beer especially for $800+ more than a robobrew.

Ck27, I have been seeing good reviews about the RoboBrew.  And just what you said the system works.  The time to get a boil is reasonable and the boil is very good.  The price is right.  Looking at this system.  Do you have any idea what the max grain bill is on this system?

Beer Lover said:
Ck27, I have been seeing good reviews about the RoboBrew.  And just what you said the system works.  The time to get a boil is reasonable and the boil is very good.  The price is right.  Looking at this system.  Do you have any idea what the max grain bill is on this system?

I recall reading like 18 pounds is the amount of grains you can put in it ill be honest if you are putting more than 15 in a 5-7 gallon batch you really should be stepping up to a larger capacity anyways. I recommend getting the kit for the chiller that comes with it, its very effective.

Good on the 18 lbs.  What has your efficiency on the Robo?

Beer Lover said:
Good on the 18 lbs.  What has your efficiency on the Robo?

My average efficiency is 81-86% it's a efficient system. Any more and it's really too efficient

Back