• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Need help - urgently

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

I've transferred my chilled beer into a cask only to realise that the bungs I've got do not fit. I have therefore tipped the beer back into my fermenter and continued to keep it chilled until I get the correct bungs. Can someone reassure me that it'll be ok and that removing it and putting it back in won't ruin it.

Thanks

Are they too small?
Star-san some aluminum foil and wrap the bungs until you can get the correct size.

Too big. They won't go all the way in. I've already tipped the beer back into my chronical fermenter and sealed it and began cooling again

MRMARTINSALES said:
Too big. They won't go all the way in. I've already tipped the beer back into my chronical fermenter and sealed it and began cooling again

I'm thinking you meant an actual living cask and not a force carbonated keg?

I could add a bit of zinc and some sugar to your beer in the fermenter. Yeast will scavenge the O2 you've introduced (hopefully, not much) but you'll want to force it to scavenge what it can, quickly. That way, it'll still be healthy when you put it back into the cask to finish.

Back