• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Getting this error Error: Infusion temperature above boiling. Add more water!

buddymc

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm getting this error on my Mash Steps Printout.  I'm sure it has to do with how I'm setting up my equipment incorrectly.  Error: Infusion temperature above boiling. Add more water!

Can someone tell me where/what I'm doing wrong?

Export a recipe where this is occurring and we can better diagnose.  Usually it is caused by an imbalance in the water additions, leading to lesser water for later steps and thus requiring a temperature above boiling.

buddymc said:
I'm getting this error on my Mash Steps Printout.  I'm sure it has to do with how I'm setting up my equipment incorrectly.  Error: Infusion temperature above boiling. Add more water!

Can someone tell me where/what I'm doing wrong?

Although a recipe will help pinpoint it, the error is caused by insufficient thermal energy to achieve the next rest. You can either increase the amount of water (thinning your mash) or decrease the amounts of previous infusions.

Thanks for the replies.  It was as I suspected, the problem was in the chair, not the program.  A lack of knowledge on my part.

Back