• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water tool Calculate button missing

Benjaminbeer

New Forum Member
Reaction score
My water tool calculate best additions button is missing. What happen?

Jim K

I've been researching water profiles today and I just saw a video today about that button.  Yet... it's missing.  I guess this was removed in later releases of the product?  Was the tool just not reliable?

This the link and video I was talking about.

http://brulosophy.com/2014/09/29/brewing-water-primer-using-beersmith-and-brun-water/

The latest version has the button labeled as 'match target profile'.  Check to make sure that button is present in your water profile tool.

Wow... thank you!!!  I just began looking at this part of BS2.    I guess I didn't have a target loaded/entered and that's why it did nothing.

Quesiton/Problem solved!

May be off topic, but is there anywhere to read about how it performs all the calculations that this magic button does?

It is an iterative optimization routine designed to find the least squares fit to the ending mineral/salt concentrations from the starting point and the contributions of each of the listed possible mineral salts additions.

I last programmed one in Fortran for seven variables back in 1981 when I still had some interest in programming computers.

Back