• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Smith for Palm?

S

Spoon

I was curious to know if there might be a chance that BeerSmith may be availible for Palm pilots. I may be getting a Tungsen soon and would like to be able to use it w/ my palm pilot
spoon

Spoon,
 I am looking seriously at a Pocket PC version that would not have the full BeerSmith package (due to memory and other constraints) but would contain a series of brewing tools and a facility to view and time recipe sessions.

The Pocket PC platform gives me a lot of flexibility to use quite a bit of the existing BeerSmith code (they are both Windows based) and I have already done some coding on the Pocket PC, so it seems the logical choice for a first tool.

The Palm OS is a bit more limited and would require considerably more work to integrate, so I'm not considering a Palm version in the immediate future.

For the next few months - I first have a revised version of BeerSmith itself planned (hopefully early next year) and will then start working towards the Pocket PC version.

Cheers!
Brad

Back