• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Small Batchs

B

bigpete9000

I am trying to set things up to brew small batches ( 1 or 2 gallons ) i select my brew equipment of a 3 gallon pot , set the batch size to 1 gallon, click the set boil volume based on equipment button and i get a boil volume of -2.15 gallons. The brew sheet is really weird also as it wants me to add 3.00 gallons of water to reach a total of 1 gallon.

Ive gone into the options and set my default equipment to a 3 gallon pot and a 1.00 gallon batch size.

what can i do to get the correct boil volumes ?

Although I cant duplicate the problem here is my take. I would go back to your Equipment and look at the Boiler properties. I think that is the problem. Your final volume may be suspect. I would create a duplicate of one of the equipment profiles and modify that one. I would put the "top up water" to 0 and the Final Volume to 1 Gallon.

Cheers

Preston

Back