Author Topic: Ethical Dilema  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Wildrover

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Ethical Dilema
« on: July 11, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
So I made the Mo's Summer Ale recipe I found in a back issue of BYO.  Now I've never had this beer before but it sounded interested and like a good summer cooler.  Well, the beer calls for Lavender, Chamomile and Lemongrass in the secondary.  So I do that and I really think it ruined the beer.

Well, perhaps not ruined, I think the beer turned out the way it should have though I was a little low on my efficiency the spice odors and are just a little too much and it really produced I simply don't like.

What should I do, I'm thinking about dumping, I have a Breckenridge Avalanche Ale waiting in the wings that I can put on in its place.  Its aged and ready to go, I've had that beer several times and I know that I like it so there are no worries there.  It just seems a shame to dump five gallons of beer, even if its a beer you don't like?

Suggestions?   

harebare

Re: Ethical Dilema
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
Dry hop the bejezus out of it and hope it covers the rest. ;)

- Hare

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »
How long have you waited?  I've had bad beer initially that turned out to be great beer after about 5-6 months.  If it has not been too much time, you might want to set it aside and store it for a few months before trying it again.

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline UselessBrewing

• Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:23:04 AM »
I agree wait it out, Aging makes a difference. But get the next batch in so you have something to drink man!  ;D Spices mellow with time.

Cheers

Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!

modification