• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory for iPad users?

Frostman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,  I really enjoy using your software, own both of your videos.  Some of the members in my brew club are using the desktop version to keep their inventories.  Unfortunately I don?t see any such feature in the BeerSmith 2 version I?m using on my iPad, which isn?t very convenient.  Is an inventory feature for Apple users in development???

Frostman said:
Hi,  I really enjoy using your software, own both of your videos.  Some of the members in my brew club are using the desktop version to keep their inventories.  Unfortunately I don?t see any such feature in the BeerSmith 2 version I?m using on my iPad, which isn?t very convenient.  Is an inventory feature for Apple users in development???

It is going to be difficult to do on mobile, honestly as great as iPads are I still prefer desktop version on a laptop

But think of the ?untapped? market for Apple users frustrated with BeerSmith2!

Baron Von MunchKrausen said:
I hate to admit it, but Beersmith on the Ipad is fairly worthless...

Greetings - actually, I love my iPad version of BS and I find it very useful particularly on brew day.    I?m able to use my iPad to run timers and record brew data.  Then I use my iPhone for hydrometer correction calculations and other tools.  Then at the end of the day, I transfer all my recorded data to my desktop version.

It?s true the desktop version has a great deal more functionality than the mobile version does but each version has its own purpose in my brewing world.  So the easy solution is to purchase and use both!

KellerBrauer said:
Greetings - actually, I love my iPad version of BS and I find it very useful particularly on brew day.    I?m able to use my iPad to run timers and record brew data.  Then I use my iPhone for hydrometer correction calculations and other tools.  Then at the end of the day, I transfer all my recorded data to my desktop version.

It?s true the desktop version has a great deal more functionality than the mobile version does but each version has its own purpose in my brewing world.  So the easy solution is to purchase and use both!

LOL... A true appleite... ;)
Most cell phones have timers. I record my brew data using a pen (not an apple pen) on the printed beersmith recipe, which we both transfer to the desktop version later.
But I'm glad you like the IPad. It's what I use to look at all the pictures of the grandkids on brew day......

Baron Von MunchKrausen said:
KellerBrauer said:

LOL... A true appleite... ;)
Most cell phones have timers. I record my brew data using a pen (not an apple pen) on the printed beersmith recipe, which we both transfer to the desktop version later.
But I'm glad you like the IPad. It's what I use to look at all the pictures of the grandkids on brew day......

I own a windows computer and a Mac and like both for different reasons. :)

Back