• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grassy

muckypup

Apprentice
Reaction score
I did my a brew a couple weeks back where I dry hopped with pellets for the first time (Flyer - A spicy resinous British hop with citrus, liquorice and toffee - excellent for dry hopping)

20g 6 days prior to bottling, and 20g 3 days prior to bottling. I tried a bottle last night (been in bottle about week and a half) and there is a distinct grassy aroma. It doesn't taste bad though. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

muckypup said:
I did my a brew a couple weeks back where I dry hopped with pellets for the first time (Flyer - A spicy resinous British hop with citrus, liquorice and toffee - excellent for dry hopping)

20g 6 days prior to bottling, and 20g 3 days prior to bottling. I tried a bottle last night (been in bottle about week and a half) and there is a distinct grassy aroma. It doesn't taste bad though. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Grassyness happens when you leave the hops in too long or use too many!

Try using less hops or leaving them in for a shorter time next time.

Back