• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Purchased copy of BS2 reverted back to trial

Mothman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I purchased BS2 last February and have used it a lot.

Just now, on trying to launch the program, it's giving me the pop up saying that I'm in trial mode and have exceeded the free period.

In doing this, it's also creating a new BS2 program folder on my desktop.

The original folder in my programs directory is still there.

I am hesitant to try re-entering my activation code out of fear it will erase all of my saved recipe logs, etc.

Suggestions?

I went ahead and tried just re-doing my activation key, and it does unlock the program... but doing so seems to create a second copy of the program on my desktop, and it's a brand new copy, missing all of my saved information.

I need to figure out either how to re-unlock the original program, or if I must uninstall and and start over, then I need to know how to get all my saved info (notes, recipes, logs, equipment, etc) moved over.

Ok, me again...

I realized the new folder being created on my desktop was a new documents folder, which is why the "new" copy of BS2 was not pulling my saved data.

I pointed BS2 back to the original documents folder, and everything seems to be back how it should now.

No idea why it suddenly kicked me back to trial mode.... and hoping I didn't just burn my 2nd computer install privilege by having to re-activate on this PC.

Mothman said:
Ok, me again...

I realized the new folder being created on my desktop was a new documents folder, which is why the "new" copy of BS2 was not pulling my saved data.

I pointed BS2 back to the original documents folder, and everything seems to be back how it should now.

No idea why it suddenly kicked me back to trial mode.... and hoping I didn't just burn my 2nd computer install privilege by having to re-activate on this PC.

You might have burned the 2nd pc install idk, I hope not :( Beersmith is a great program! I have been having issues with windows removing programs, moving them around or removing the activation

Back