Author Topic: Receipe Versions?  (Read 3719 times)

Mij

Receipe Versions?
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:09:02 AM »
Hey there,
I was wondering how folks are managing different versions of their recipes in BeerSmith?  For instance, I've brewed 3 versions of my Pale Ale - each "tuned" a little differently.  The only way I can tell the difference, without "losing" what I've done in the previous batch, is by appending a v1, v2, v3 etc at the end of each recipe name.

Anybody use a different method (or perhaps there is a better way within BeerSmith) ?

Offline UselessBrewing

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
Re: Receipe Versions?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:49:24 AM »
I use Roman Numerals and lock the recipe after I brew it. This keeps all the settings the same and allows me to keep from modifying the wrong one. I must admit, I just found this feature recently (Still learning every day)  ;D . It is right under the Help button right next to the taste rating.

Cheers

Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!

Mij

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »
Lock the rec...  Nice touch!  I must admit that I think I've "accidentally" made changes to previous versions without intent...

deerelk4x4

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »
I too lock the rec, but have created a separate folder where I put my rec's when I brew into and sort by date brewed (updating this on day of brew for that rec only.)  This way even if I brew multiple versions of the same, I can always tell what happened by each individual entry in my brew log.  My base recipes stay in a separate folder where I put all my recipes that are designed.  Helps to keep the clutter down and organized.

Steve

modification