• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Receipe Versions?

M

Mij

Hey there,
I was wondering how folks are managing different versions of their recipes in BeerSmith?  For instance, I've brewed 3 versions of my Pale Ale - each "tuned" a little differently.  The only way I can tell the difference, without "losing" what I've done in the previous batch, is by appending a v1, v2, v3 etc at the end of each recipe name.

Anybody use a different method (or perhaps there is a better way within BeerSmith) ?

I use Roman Numerals and lock the recipe after I brew it. This keeps all the settings the same and allows me to keep from modifying the wrong one. I must admit, I just found this feature recently (Still learning every day)  ;D . It is right under the Help button right next to the taste rating.

Cheers

Preston

Lock the rec...  Nice touch!  I must admit that I think I've "accidentally" made changes to previous versions without intent...

I too lock the rec, but have created a separate folder where I put my rec's when I brew into and sort by date brewed (updating this on day of brew for that rec only.)  This way even if I brew multiple versions of the same, I can always tell what happened by each individual entry in my brew log.  My base recipes stay in a separate folder where I put all my recipes that are designed.  Helps to keep the clutter down and organized.

Steve

Back