• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pre-Boil Gravity Calculations??

M

madbrewer

Is there a calculation for Pre-Boil Target gravity for your recipes in Beer-Smith.  This is one of the most important features for me on my brew day.  Having a target pre-boil gavity allows me to either add sugar / boil longer, or dilute my wort depending on my target Gravity. 

The Boil off tool is ok for a shoot from the hip guess and check approach, but it does not specifically take your brewing equipment into consideration.  A readout in SG and Plato would be great.  Although I feel Pro-Mash is an inverior tool to beersmith, the Pre-Boil numbers in pro-mash is one of the best feateres about that software and I miss it most on my brew days. 

Am I missin a featere in BeerSmith? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi,
  You can see the estimated pre-boil gravity by opening a recipe and clicking on the "Brewhouse Efficiency" button.

Cheers,
Brad

PBG is also listed on the classic brewsheet, although PB volume is not.  Brad that may be something to add to future versions for those of us that use a printed brewsheet. I'm so ashamed, I have no laptop. :-[

Back