• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is there a limit on, or bug in, the "Taste" field

wahoo

Brewer
Reaction score
When I enter a significant amount of text in the "Taste" field, I am able to enter it in, but when I leave the recipe, and return, it has cut off after a certain length.

Example:
7.6  Mashed at 149.  Ended up with about 10.5 gallons @ 1.046.  Used a hop blend of Columbus, Cascade, N Brewer, and Simcoe at 0 minutes.  Pitched 1 with 1028, 1 with 1056, both at about 72 degrees. 
8.7  The 1056 Keg is  VERY NICE!!!  Could use a pin

(it should say: Could use a pinch more crystal malt.)

Hi,
  Yes, unfortunately I think it is limited to about 255 characters.  I'm working to remedy that in a future version.

Brad

It wouldn't be so bad if the field on the screen was limited to the same number of characters.

As it stands now, I am allowed to type as much as a want, but when I save it, the surplus text dissapears.

I've lost notes on a number of my beers because I didn't realize this was an issue.

Is there another field where I can include brewer's notes?  I was only using "taste" because it is convenient.

I have used the Notes field with great success.
As a test I pasted 24,000 characters (1's) in the notes field and it took them just fine. I closed the recipe and then opened it and they were still there. I copied them out and did a character count and they were still there. Granted this increased the size of the export, but it was only 24KB. Most of us would not even notice the difference.

Cheers

Preston

Ah, I can't believe I never saw that field before!

Back