• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

AllGrain2 Porter recipe

badleroybrown

Apprentice
Reaction score
In the July Texas heat we had a Iron Mash competition.  We were given ingredients when we arrived on Saturday morning.  Each brew team receives base malt, specialty malts, hops and "special" ingredients and must formulate and brew a recipe on site.  The key is you must use "all" of one the special ingredients which this year included chipotle powder, cinnamon, fresh grated coconut, yarrow and dried bitter orange peel.

My team brewed a robust porter using the "Porter" in the AllGrain2.bsm file as a "guide" for the base.  We are currently "dry hopping" the porter with the 14 oz. of coconut which we toasted first.

What I wanted to say is we tasted the porter before putting the coconut in it.  It was very tasty even without carbonation.  I just noticed the recipe was from Brad Smith.  I could definitely recommend that recipe.

Leroy

Thanks!
  Glad you are enjoying it.  Porter is one of my personal favorites.

Brad

Back