• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

All Grain Recipe Fix

Primetimez863

New Forum Member
Reaction score
On BeerSmith 2 is there any way to change a 7 gallon recipe to a 10 Gallon? I need to adjust the ingredients. It is meant to be for 7 gallons but my system requires at least a 10 Gallon Batch. So what kind of adjustments would I need to do to the recipe?

7 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 1
6 lbs Pilsen Malt 2-Row (Briess) (1.0 SRM) Grain 2
1 lbs Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 3
1 lbs Wheat Malt, Pale (Weyermann) (2.0 SRM) Grain 4
8.00 oz Rye Malt (4.7 SRM) Grain 5
1.48 oz Ultra [9.0%] - Boil 60 min Hops 6
0.99 oz Ultra [3.0%] - Boil 15 min Hops 7
0.04 oz Saaz [4.0%] - Boil 1 min Hops 8
1 pkgs Trappist High Gravity (Wyeast Labs #3787) Yeast 9

Is the recipe already in BeerSmith?  If so, then you can use the 'scale recipe' feature by clicking on the icon on the tool ribbon above the recipe.

If you are just now inputting the recipe into BeerSmith, then you can open up a new recipe template.  Make sure that you have your equipment profile for the 10 gallon batch size set in the recipe and that the recipe type is set to 'all grain'.

Now enter all the ingredients as you have them listed in your post.  Adjust the amounts to reflect the values in the printed recipe.  Now, click on the slider for OG just below the ingredient window and adjust the value to match the target for the recipe.  Repeat for the IBU and color sliders.  Lastly, change the mash profile to one that will give you same approximate FG or to reflect the mash temperature given in the original recipe.

Back