• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Unable to Save Recipie

bdimambro

Apprentice
Reaction score
I created a recipe and have done may saves and save-as and when I exit I am unable to find the recipe in any folder under the name I saved it as. I have to go to /Documents/BeerSmith2/Archive and open from the archive by searching on date/time. When I do a save-as, there is no option to select folder to save to. If that was part of the save-as function, I could at least see if it was actually saving or not.

I could really use some help here. I do not believe I should have to leave BeerSmith open so as not lose my changes or have to hunt for them in the archive.

Thanks,

Brian

I can understand  your confusion. I believe that BeerSmith stores all your recipes in the Recipe.bsmx file, with previous versions of that saved as Recipe1, Recipe2, etc. If you want a recipe saved by itself, with a file name and location of your own choosing, you can export it. You can also export multiple recipes into a single file, so you could make your own archive of recipes by date, by style, or whatever.

--GF

Hi GF,

Thank you for your response. Yea, i did what you recommended and when I open the Recipes.bmx file, my recipe is no where to be found. I perform a search both manually and using the search function and it's just not there. What I have to do to recover my work is to go to the archive folder and find the latest date and time stamped file and it is in there. As it is working now, I can only open my recipe from the /Documents/BeerSmith2/Archive folder. I hope in the next updates, Brad will have an option added to the save-as function for selecting a recipe folder to save to.

Thanks for the help,

Brian

Problem solved. I opened the archive file and then drug the recipe to an existing folder ... DUH!

Thanks for the help,

Brian

Yip, i have also been experiencing the same thing the past 3-4 weeks. (Windows 10)

I have reinstalled Beersmith (on top) and no change.

File> Save selected (all my recipes).
Deleted my recipes.
Closed Beersmith.
Opened Beersmith.
Open> selected my backed up file. All good, recipes all showing.
Created a new recipe...
Saved the recipe.
Changed folder (and tried staying within my new recipe)
Closed Beersmith and....hang! (Beersmith not responding)

Reopened Beersmith and my new recipe is gone!

Checked permissions on Documents/Beersmith2 and I have Admin rights (as expected) in case when saving the recipe i don't have rights to.

Checked Event Viewer (Application)

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangTransient
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: BeerSmith2.exe
P2: 2.3.0.12
P3: 58754eaf
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: unknown
P7: unknown
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER66A9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER66BC.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER66EC.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report ID: 38341346-3ab8-449a-ab53-297f5f8faed5
Report Status: 2049
Hashed bucket:

Also under Administrative Events:

The program BeerSmith2.exe version 2.3.0.12 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3100
Start Time: 01d3a570f33e5040
Termination Time: 58
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2\BeerSmith2.exe
Report Id: 25c4f696-bc15-4d11-a16f-c7ef08cd400f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID

Wouldn't it be nice is there was a .log file?

Back