• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewie Equipment Profile

donfrank

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone setup an equipment profile for a Brewie?  I've searched the forums but can't seem to find anything.  Thanks .

I was looking for teh same thing. Guess I'll have to try and make my own

I made one based off the info on this page: https://brewie.org/knowledge-center/news/brewie-in-the-beersmith

Attachments

• brewie.bsmx
    1.4 KB · Views: 17
robrowald said:
I made one based off the info on this page: https://brewie.org/knowledge-center/news/brewie-in-the-beersmith

The brewie seems cool but is soooooooo overpriced. I just cant see paying more than the price of a Picobrew zymatic when the brewie does less.

Actual fun fact: The Brewie only costs 200 dollars more than the Pico but is so much more awesome.
For one: it's a lot less noisy which is great, plus brews more beer in one go. But the real dealbreaker for me was the fact that it cools the beer down at the end of the brewing which the Picos does not.
And as you said, it looks really great!

p.vajda said:
Actual fun fact: The Brewie only costs 200 dollars more than the Pico but is so much more awesome.
For one: it's a lot less noisy which is great, plus brews more beer in one go. But the real dealbreaker for me was the fact that it cools the beer down at the end of the brewing which the Picos does not.
And as you said, it looks really great!

I like the more closed system of the pico less room for contamination to be honest and it just does it all in the keg, then you ferment and are good to go. Takes so much work out of it in my opinion. I've been wanting to get something that takes less work and I can kinds monitor but watch TV or something and be fine.

I have Pro-sumer SS Brewtech conical style fermenters which allows me to dump trub and harvest yeast, which is preferred to the completely closed zymatic. The batch size is also better for the amount of beer that is consumed in my circle of friends as well, but to each their own. I considered the zymatic because it was a true set it and forget it style system, but I enjoy doing some of the work.

Ck27 said:
robrowald said:

The brewie seems cool but is soooooooo overpriced. I just cant see paying more than the price of a Picobrew zymatic when the brewie does less.

It's not twice the price. The zymatic is 1999.00 USD and the Brewie is $2500

robrowald said:
Ck27 said:
robrowald said:

It's not twice the price. The zymatic is 1999.00 USD and the Brewie is $2500

that's still a large difference.

Hey all, have any of you tried the Brewie since? I've received mine a few days ago and was wondering if there's someone to discuss my results with. I'm over my 2nd brew and as of now, I'm content with what I saw. Is there any one who can give me some tips or tricks?

Hey Robrowald -
thanks for the snapshot on the Brewie profile. Just got mine and I did three of their pads, now I want to move onto my own recipes. I added yours to Beersmith, but I'm seeing a starting water of 35.96L as well as total mash water of 28.39L. AM I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Ordered a Brewie - will arrive in February.  Have been brewing since 1980 so have gone through the hoops.  Brought my Brewie+ on Black Friday for $1500 total, including shipping and no tax.  Would be great if Beersmith had a standard equipment profile for Brewie in their software.  Thought about some of the other equipment options but not interested in anything less than 5 gallons capability.  I find the Virginia climate a tough one for brewing (not that isn't a nice place) - either too cold and damp or too hot and humid.  Looking forward to taking the show inside.

Back