• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

helppppppp

sergio said:

wtf ???
after update .... please HELP!!!

It deleted the names of ingredients! That's really strange never had that happen but I have had cases where hop bitterness doesn't show up and is pegged at 0 that's the only bug I've had.

Hi Sergio;

Before you do anything, please make a backup of your .../Documents/BeerSmith2 folder. All of your ingredients and custom profiles are in this folder.

Does this happen when you open any recipe?

You should be able to recover recipes using the archive. View > Recipe Archive. This will be an archive of every update you made to any recipe you've opened. Going backwards, you should find a version with all your ingredients properly listed. BeerSmith saves recipes as flat files, so each is stand-alone.

If you have this issue with all recipes (again, backup first):

Inside .../Documents/BeerSmith2, you will see various files that are duplicated with extensions 1-5. The numbered versions are backups that are updated each time you close BeerSmith2. So, if you haven't opened BeerSmith more than 5 times since having this issue, your complete recipe *should* reside in a numbered version.

So, with BeerSmith closed, double click on Recipe5.bsmx. This will open BeerSmith and show a tab with your recipes, plus the "My Recipes" tab. You can simply copy/paste the recipes back into the My Recipes tab. BeerSmith will not automatically overwrite recipes in the main folder, so you'll need to delete the damaged version(s).

If the issue continues, you'll need to do a re-install of BeerSmith, then add your Key, then replace the .../Documents/BeerSmith2 folder with your backup. That should solve it, but it's very important you add your product key before pasting the recipe backup. Some users have reported loss of recipes when adding the key afterwards.

this was issue with all recipes including cloud, equipnemt list ... etc.

dont know how and why it happend but deleting first 3 files of each helped ... everything is OK now ... Thanks alot.

Back