• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Looking to buy some kegging equipment...

P

punkinatux

I found a pretty nice set of four 5 liter kegs with a tap and a few other accessories for about $120 on Midwest brewing supplies.  I wonder if anyone else has used a set up like this and if you recommend or would avoid this product.

Also how you feel taste compares from kegged to bottled.

Thanks,
Jordan

The only time I bottle is to send them to friends, or enter competitions. I like the simplicity of it, and the bulk conditioning vs bottle conditioning is a debate that many have debated. For me its about the simplicity of it. I have nine five gallon kegs now and two three gallon kegs. I briefly looked on MW supplies but did not find anything so I cant tell you if it is a good deal or not. FYI: I pick up my kegs on EBay for anywhere between $10 to $20 per keg.

Cheers

Preston

I got my kegging stuff from homebrewing.org, I'd suggest basing your equipment choices upon commonality and maintenance.
You get something nobody else sells or uses and you're on your own if something goes wrong.

Back