• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Late Extract Addition does not change IBUs in ingredient list

wahoo

Brewer
Reaction score
When I use the "Late Extract" option, the total batch IBUs are updated... but the IBU contributions from the individual ingredients are not.

for instance, in my recipe, I have only one bittering hop addition: 2 oz of Goldings @ 5.2% AA for 60 minutes, which gives me 24.5 IBUs.
If I use a late extract addition for my 1.5 pound of extract in this batch, the total IBUs (shown in Bitterness (IBU)) is 27.9... yet in the ingredient list, the Goldings addition still shows 24.5 IBU.

Hi,
  Late extract additions do make the overall calculation considerably more complex, which is why we used it to modify the overall IBUs.  The calculation is done at the batch level rather than the individual hop levels.

I will take a look to see if we can modify the individual contributions for a future version.

Cheers,
Brad

Back