• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Simple extract and honey recipe

Beer Volcano

Brewer
Reaction score
I just want to share a quick, simple recipe I recently brewed and it turned out quite good.

The only ingredients are Golden LME, Avocado Blossom Honey, and Galaxy Hops. I was trying a few things out so I only made 2 gallons, but I think I'll make this recipe or something very similar in a larger batch in the future.

One of the things I was trying out was to use CBC-1 yeast as the primary yeast. This yeast is great if you want some residual sweetness in your beer. I wish the yeast fermented more than just simple sugars, because it's such a clean, well-behaved yeast that just does it's job and then clears out when it's done.

The recipe is just one 3.15 lb jug of Maillard Malts Golden LME boiled in about 2.5 gallons of water for 40 minutes. For the 2 gallon batch I used 1 oz of Galaxy hops with 0.25 oz additions at 40 min., 20 min., 5 min. with the last 0.25 oz held over for dry hopping, which I did for 4 days at the end of fermentation. After about 3 days in the fermenter, 0.5 lb of Avocado Blossom Honey was added to the fermenter. After primary was done I just bottled the yeast with priming sugar to 2.5 volumes.

The beer has a lot of residual sweetness but it's balanced out with the "tropical" flavor and bitterness of the Galaxy hops. If I had to change anything I'd boil for 60 minutes and add the first hops at 60 min., because it could use a little more bitterness, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone wants to do a simple extract recipe that for me took a couple of hours to "brew" and went from boil to drinking in 4 weeks, and it tastes great.

At first Thank you for sharing a simple delicious honey recipe.i hope we all try this recipe.personally i prefer honey so much.in future you shared more recipe with us.Thank you.

Back