• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash profile for Robobrew/Grainfather?

davidrobertsnz1

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi there - I'm a new Robobrew user and while I've got the Grainfather Equipment profile set in Beersmith (which I understand is also appropriate for Robobrew) I'm struggling to figure out which Mash profile I should be using - any advice please?
Cheers!
David

davidrobertsnz1 said:
Hi there - I'm a new Robobrew user and while I've got the Grainfather Equipment profile set in Beersmith (which I understand is also appropriate for Robobrew) I'm struggling to figure out which Mash profile I should be using - any advice please?
Cheers!
David

Ive got a few let me post them

Attachments

• Robobrew Profile.bsmx
    1.4 KB · Views: 185
heres equipment

Attachments

• equip.bsmx
    1.4 KB · Views: 145
So (embarrassingly) I can't figure how to import this equipment profile....Where do I put the file or how to I import it.  I can see it, I can open it, but I can't seem to select it in the equipment profile in a recipe.  Thanks in advance.

biggerk said:
So (embarrassingly) I can't figure how to import this equipment profile....Where do I put the file or how to I import it.  I can see it, I can open it, but I can't seem to select it in the equipment profile in a recipe.  Thanks in advance.

umm, I'm pretty sure you just open it and then you can click save??? I haven't done it in a while. But profile is great for robobrew and the grainfather, its really accurate as well further testing has gotten me pretty much right on the money.

biggerk said:

You simply copy/paste from the new tab into the equipment profiles tab. Once it's listed in there, you should see it as a selection within a recipe.

brewfun said:
biggerk said:

You simply copy/paste from the new tab into the equipment profiles tab. Once it's listed in there, you should see it as a selection within a recipe.

Perfect!  The copy/paste technique is what worked.  Open the  newequipment.bsmx profile in a tab.  Open the equipment list into a tab.  Select the Icon for the new equipment, right-click "copy".  Go into the Equipment tab, right-click "Paste".

I would've thought clicking "save" would've work but it didn't.

biggerk said:
brewfun said:
biggerk said:

Perfect!  The copy/paste technique is what worked.  Open the  newequipment.bsmx profile in a tab.  Open the equipment list into a tab.  Select the Icon for the new equipment, right-click "copy".  Go into the Equipment tab, right-click "Paste".

I would've thought clicking "save" would've work but it didn't.

Good, glad you got it in :) keep us updated on your brews, I like hearing what other guys with robobrews are making.

The "mash profile" file and the equipment profile appear to be the same thing. Was the first post supposed to have a mash profile in it?

Linoleum said:
The "mash profile" file and the equipment profile appear to be the same thing. Was the first post supposed to have a mash profile in it?

Woops sorry, I might have accidentally messed up. Let me check it out.

Ck27 said:
Linoleum said:

Woops sorry, I might have accidentally messed up. Let me check it out.

any update on uploading the mash profile?

There is really no substitute for creating your own profiles. It is highly recommended that you do in order to get accurate results. Even if someone else has the same system you have, yours will not produce exactly the same results. Here are a couple of video tutorials to customize your profiles. One for Equipment and the other for a mash profile.

Equipment Profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmW7pwQP5mQ
BIAB Mash Profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKiEjhxo2oo

(note: they also have a different mash profile set up for batch sparging)

Not sure if these are different, but here is what I found on the distributors site (for the v3)

http://kegland.com.au/media/pdf/RoboBrew%20Gen%203%20-%20BeerSmith2%20Profile%20-%20KegLand.bsmx

(the link is on this page - https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-35l-gen-3.html)

Kevin58 said:
There is really no substitute for creating your own profiles. It is highly recommended that you do in order to get accurate results. Even if someone else has the same system you have, yours will not produce exactly the same results. Here are a couple of video tutorials to customize your profiles. One for Equipment and the other for a mash profile.

Equipment Profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmW7pwQP5mQ
BIAB Mash Profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKiEjhxo2oo

(note: they also have a different mash profile set up for batch sparging)

that's partially true, but you will get 98% the same as anyone else using the same system.

I can upload what im using right now. For those that want it. I have a profile for v2 and v3 as I have both units right now.

Back