• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Steeping Hops whislt beer fermenting

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to impart some more flavour to my fermeting beer and was thnking of taking some wort, Heating up to around 80c and steeping some hops in it. I would then chill the wort down filter the hops out and tip it back into my FV when im ready to rack off.

Does see any issues with that?

Thanks

MRMARTINSALES said:
Hi,

I want to impart some more flavour to my fermeting beer and was thnking of taking some wort, Heating up to around 80c and steeping some hops in it. I would then chill the wort down filter the hops out and tip it back into my FV when im ready to rack off.

Thanks

Not at all lol, anchor does something similar with anchor steam beer.

That will add bitterness that could very well negatively affect the beer.  Dry hopping will add flavor (flavor is 80% aroma).

MRMARTINSALES said:
Hi,

Thanks

What additional flavors are you looking for?  A little more specific may help with directing how to answer your question.

Back